Hello World, It’s October 14th, My 38TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!. I want to first give thanks to GOD for keeping me here another year!
I look at my Birthday like my personal New Year. This is the time where I do some major reflections, set some goals which, I WILL accomplish this year and, celebrate myself. This past year has showed me so much, I feel like this was definitely my Harvest Season.
Today I will celebrate myself, be happy and take it easy because, my Birthday is my personal holiday. I don’t have any major plans and I’m fine with that! Just give me a good meal and my family and I’m good.
I had an early Birthday gift last weekend from my family: Tickets to a concert with some artists I love “The Millennium tour 2022”. My second year going and we had a great time! I’m an introvert and love to be in the house so I don’t get out that much, ha ha and, it felt so good to get out and go somewhere.
I’m a dance mom so, usually when I’m out I am going to my daughter’s performances, competitions or dance practice which I also enjoy but, it felt good to do something for myself! The concert was definitely perfect!
I’ve learned so much this last year and, here are a few of those things:
5 Things I’ve learned this year
- Put myself first: This is definitely easier said than done especially, when you have children and lots of other things and people that require your attention on a daily basis. This year I am going to do better with saying NO and doing things for myself FIRST. NOTE TO SELF: nothing is wrong with doing what I want or need for myself before pouring into everyone else. Can’t poor from an empty cup.
- Take my health seriously, get a healthy lifestyle going: This year I have been working on being more aware of what I put inside my body, though I’m still a work in progress in this area because I love sweets lol but, I’ve definitely come a long way. I am proud of myself for giving up some things that aren’t good for me and, I will continue to get better. This post talks about some changes that I’ve made in my eating. Next up is getting an excercise routine going.
- Trust myself, be more confident, and talk to God ALOT: This year and season of my life has been very different and, I know it is going to only get better. God has been showing me things and preparing me for this next chapter of my life and overflow. I’m being Faithful, staying the course and being obedient. God’s timing is Perfect. BLESSED!!!!
- Less saying and more doing: Start doing the thing and stop just talking about it.
- Don’t worry about tomorrow, live in the moment: I’m that person who wonders about what’s next. working on just being present in the NOW.
Walking into this new year of life, we definitely have to set some goals, right?
Here are mine:
This new year I want to be Consistent with my Blog and creating content so, I can be successful. Continue Self improvement in all areas: Body, Health, Mental, etc. Take vacations (don’t necessarily have to be out of country). I’d love to meet my financial goals. Be the best Woman, Mom, daughter, sister, aunt and friend I can be without losing myself🤎 Last but, not least is to be happy and positive everyday!
Of course, I have a detailed goal list that I’m choosing not to share on here right now. ha ha.
I am so grateful for everything that I am Blessed with and Blessings that are on the way! Staying Faithful and graceful everyday🙏🏾
This was FUN! If you’re reading this and would like to share some Birthday plans or goals, please do in the comments.
Thanks for reading,