Ahhhh, self-care also known as me time, mommy time, time to myself how ever you look at it. We all need it especially now that we have survived virtual schooling, taking care of home and everything else that is going on all at the same time. We know time is valuable especially when you’re a busy mom, every minute counts. When you have so much to do including taking care of home, the kids and work it seems like it is impossible to take time for yourself.
I have 2 kids, I’m a dance mom and single mom I love my children and life so much, but I have to make sure I’m taking care of myself too to be the best mom I can be for them. Mommy guilt is a real thing, you know that guilt you feel when you’re doing something for yourself for once. I know we all go through that. Moms you must take time out for yourself, reward yourself sometimes and it does not have to be costly. I plan to start taking a little more time out for self-care myself. Therefore, I have listed some ideas below that are great for self-care, even if you don’t have a whole day.
Bathtime is great for Self-care
- Take a bath. For example, Get some bubbles of choice, good smelling candles, a glass of wine or drink of your choice, music or a book and just enjoy some alone time in the bathroom. This is a good way to relax after a long day or week before going to bed.
Pamper yourself with Skincare
- Skincare routine. This is one of my favorite ways to do self-care whether its first thing in the Morning or at Night before bed. Grab your favorite products and play some music, podcast or whatever you prefer to watch or listen to in the background while taking care of your skin and just live in the moment.
- Read a book. It’s so satisfying to just dive into a good book when you have a moment. also, I love to read and plan on reading a lot more as part of my self-care routine.
Spend time outdoors by yourself
- Outside time. Get outside for a few minutes and take a walk, read on the porch. because, getting some fresh is always good.
- Take yourself out to your favorite restaurant, eat your favorite meal. because,Its always good to treat yourself with a good meal from time to time.
- Write in a journal. This is good to just write down your thoughts and clear your mind. For instance, you can just do a brain dump on paper.
- Write in a planner. Find a quiet place and write down some plans for the week.
- Take a mommy vacation. Now that school is out even if it’s just for 1 day, get away to recharge if you can. also, This is something I plan on doing at least once this summer.
- Get your nails/toes done or do them yourself. also, this is a great way to include self-care in your routine and, it feels so good to relax and be pampered.
Get your hair done
- Hair day. Whether you do your own hair or go to a stylist, it’s always a great way to include self-care. Here’s a simple haircare routine to follow.
Watch Something on T.V.
- Watch a good movie or tv show with your favorite meal or snack. For instance, Something funny or a reality TV show is always good in my opinion.
- Online shopping. Amazon.com is a great option also, that is my fave!
- Exercise. I haven’t started yet but, plan to soon:) it’s a good way to take care of yourself, contribute to being healthy and also an early morning workout can give you a good boost of energy to get your day started.
- Go for a walk. Just a stroll around the neighborhood to clear your head and get some fresh air, also get some cardio in.
- Listen to some music. Nothing like a good playlist with some of your favorite songs, pop in some headphones and just drift away.
- Get a massage. also, a good way to relax and be pampered.
- Listen to an inspirational podcast. Because, a good podcast can be so motivational and encouraging.
- Read a Devotional. It’s a great way to start and end your day, it is very encouraging and gives you some inspiration before getting your day started.
- Take a nap. Napping is not always possible but when circumstances allow, instead of doing something just go ahead and get that nap in:)
- Go to bed early. Always a good feeling when you get enough sleep.
Buy something for yourself
- Purchase something for you that you have been wanting for yourself but, just never bought it. Hit checkout in that cart:)
Sit in the car
- Sit in your car by yourself while the kids are in their extra curricular activities instead of running errands. Best feeling.
Girls’ night out
23. Plan a girls’ day out. get out of the house for a little bit, I’m the mother that doesn’t like being away from my children for long but, every now and then a girls’ Night or day out doesn’t hurt.
24. Go shopping at one of your favorite stores. sometimes it’s good physically go into the store if you can instead of online
Make yourself a good drink
25. Have a cup of coffee or tea, for example, Chamomile tea helps you relax.
Let’s wrap up:
These are just a few self-care ideas you can do. There’s so much more. Make sure you’re taking care of yourselves moms. You don’t have to take a whole day, It could be a few minutes on a break or hours. Don’t wait until you’re down or overwhelmed to find time for yourself, self-care can be a way to reward yourself for your wins, a busy week or being a good mom. Being a parent we often save ourselves for last which doesn’t have to always be the case. Let me know if this was helpful? as a result, Will you be trying some of these things just to take a minute for yourself? I would love to know some of your self-care ideas! Hope you enjoyed 🙂