So, on Wash day we get our hair soaking wet then Shampoo it, next We add our conditioner and detangle with that conditioner in. I know a lot of people dread the detangling session, I used to absolutely not like detangling my hair but when I learned these steps, now it is a breeze and fits right into the rest of my wash day without much hassle at all. You Do not ever want to Style your natural tight curly hair without it being thoroughly detangled, you will not be satisfied with your style. Follow these simple steps and your hair will be detangled and ready for styling without taking all day!
- Shampoo your hair really good. (in shower if possible)
- Make sure your hair is Soaking WET
- Section your hair into preferably 4 sections (but do whatever works for you)
- Add your conditioner to each section (check out this Blog post for the conditioner I use)
- Add some more water (water is moisture)
- Now what I consider the star of the entire detangling session; The tool you use! As we all know I Use and love the Felicia Leatherwood brush. Grab your preferred tool.
- Detangle each section, starting at the ends and working your way up until you can brush through the whole section without any snags. Detangle the section from each angle: Top, Bottom, and both sides until you can get through easily. Repeat for each section.
- Now we style!
In conclusion, now you know how to properly detangle your Natural curls without the hesitation. Your wash day will be so much more fun and relaxing. No one wants to dread washing their hair because of detangling so, I wrote this post in hopes that it makes it easier for you. Now go have fun with your curls!
Let me know what tool you use or if you use your fingers. I Pray that this helps and comments any tips or tricks you may have.