In my opinion we should all have a make-up bag with the essentials, that doesn’t mean that you have to use everything everyday but have it when we need it….right? Most days I just put on gloss, mascara and concealer although, other days I want to add foundation as well. Depending on how I’m feeling or where I’m going, I may want a face full of make-up. I’m still learning make-up and I am no expert by any means lol but, here are some things that you should keep in your Beginner make-up bag:
- Foundation or skin tint: Can’t have a Beginner make-up bag without it also, Foundations come in all price ranges and shade ranges. Nars is what I’m currently using and I love it, I also use Fenty Beauty’s hydrating foundation and it is so good. Fenty’s skin tint is my favorite from their line and I mainly use it in the summer months because it is lighter. Maybelline Fitme is an awesome affordable foundation.
- Concealer: to cover/blend darkspots, under eye, highlight etc. Fenty Beauty’s Concealer is very good and my favorite right now out of the one’s I’ve tried (which is not many) Nars concealer (haven’t tried it yet but will be soon), A good affordable concealer is NYX.
- Brow/lip pencil: you can usually use the same pencil for your brows and as lip liner. You don’t have to spend a lot on a Brow pencil, this can be purchased at your local Beauty Supply Store, Walmart, target, amazon any site that sells make-up online. The one I’m using now is from Amazon. Mac has a good one, Fenty Beauty. Sephora and Ulta of course has so many but, the beauty supply store ones work just fine in my opinion.
- Gloss/lipstick: The lips are so important, no one wants dry lips lol. My favorite lip glosses are the Fenty Beauty Gloss bombs, Ulta Beauty lip juice and Nyx Butter gloss which is the more affordable one that can be purchased most beauty supply stores, Walmart and Target.
- Face Powder: You need powder to set your face and, there are so many to choose from, now with powder I have only used the Fenty Beauty ones and it’s great. Nars is the next one I will be trying since I love their foundation so much. Sephora and Ulta has so many powders to choose from.
- Primer: Using Primer as your first step is very important if wearing foundation. Fenty Beauty has a really good primer and a little goes a long way! Elf Hydrating primer is a good affordable one that you can get from any drugstore, target or Walmart.
- Setting spray: after applying all of your products you definitely want to use a setting spray. Urban decay all nighter is a good popular one, Fenty beauty hydrating setting spray, Covergirl outlast all day setting spray is a good affordable one.
- Contour: Fenty Beauty Match stick, NYX can’t stop, won’t stop contour/concealer is a more affordable one, Fenty Beauty Concealer (2 shades darker than your foundation shade) can be used as contour also.
- Bronzer: Fenty Sun Stalker, Nars Bronzer Powder and NYX Professional Makeup Matte Bronzer.
- Blush: Cheeks out cream blush by Fenty Beauty, Nars Blush and, Maybelline New York Fit Me Blush.
- Eyeshadow: Basically just choose one with Colors you like, here is one from amazon.
- Highlighter: Maybelline master chrome, so good!
- Mascara and or lashes: Too faced Better than sex mascara and Fenty Beauty’s Mascara are both so great and my faves!
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Tattoo studio liquid eyeliner
- Make-up Brushes or sponges:
There are so many make-up brands and products to choose from and, it can become a bit overwhelming especially as a beginner. This is just very few of the make-up options to get you started if you have no idea of what to buy. I’m just getting into make-up myself because for years a full face for me was foundation, mascara gloss and eyeliner. Although, that is still my go to look along with some concealer and powder, I like to make sure I have everything else in my make-up bag incase I need it. Concealer, Mascara and lipgloss are my favorite parts of my make-up routine. I hope this helps you get your Beginner make-up bag together!
Quick links to make-up mentioned in this post: